Sunday, 16 June 2019 | 11:42 WIB

Woman Dies of Ingesting Rubbing Alcohol

Illustration

JAKARTA, NNC - A woman died after ingesting rubbing alcohol or also known as 70-percent alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) near a mall in Cengkareng, West Jakarta on Sunday night (1/27/2019).

The alcohol might have been mixed with carbonated drinks, such as Sprite, when she consumed it with a number of friends.

Cengkareng police chief, Police Commissioner H Khoiri, said the victim’s name was Lasma Rohana and had been rushed to a hospital in Grogol, West Jakarta.

"The victim was in critical condition at the Royal Taruma Hospital, Grogol, West Jakarta," Khoiri said Monday (1/28).

However, continued Khoiri, a few hours later she was pronounced dead at the hospital.

"The event started when she returned home from work at one of the hair salons at the Mall. She was then invited by his friends to have drinks," he said.

Afterwards, the victim returned to her home in Kembangan, West Jakarta, where she started to feel nauseous and was rushed to the hospital.

"The victim was taken to the hospital by her family and her body was sent to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital for an autopsy," he added.

The police is still investigating case by examining a number of witnesses including friends of the victim who participated drinking at night.